A couple of weeks before the end of 2022 I started pondering the significance of 2023. I realized that there were five, fives in 2023. four times five is twenty, and two plus three is five. The number five symbolizes grace. It’s grace, upon grace, upon grace, upon grace, upon grace!
That’s amazing considering the facts about the coming events and circumstances for the new year look pretty dismal. One of my prophetic/mystic friends just told me that he is afraid for this year. Let’s look at some of the information we currently have.
- Forbes and Business Insider have reported that the fertilizer shortage will continue. That means another decreased harvest and continued increase in food costs.
- The European Parliament has brought lawsuits against Pfizer. Their quote is “Pfizer lied and people died.” There’s increasing evidence of the lack of due diligence on the part of the vaccine manufacturers. Continued deaths and illnesses will continue to be contributed to rapidly developed and unresearched injections.
- The CDC states that we are in a period of increased death rates. The highest since the 1960s. They haven’t pinpointed the cause as yet and expect it to continue for now.
- Increasing drought conditions around the globe are expected because of chemtrails. Watch The Dimming. It is documented fact that governments are involved in geoengineering.
- Mass shootings are increasing. As of November 25, there were 611 mass shootings in the US. That’s about two a day. Again, the trend is expected to increase in 2023.
- National electrical infrastructures are failing. Private wiring poses one of the biggest problems. Nations can make plans to update power lines. But it is another thing to get houses and business buildings to rewire. Per CNN, NBC, and Reuters more brownouts and blackouts are expected.
It all sounds very dismal. However, the Lord says 2023 is to be grace, upon grace, upon grace, upon grace, upon grace. How can that be? Let’s take a look at grace.
Charis in Strong’s Concordance is (G5485). I am just going to use two definition points out of the many. His grace is that which is joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loving-kindness, goodwill, and favor. Really?! During a year that is forecast for recession? Hmm…
Let me continue with another definitive point. Grace is benefit and bounty. We all know that bounty can be defined as a price on an outlaw’s head. However, I don’t think that’s what applies in this case. God’s bounty is:
- Liberal generosity
- A high-yield harvest
- A reward
- An extra allowance
Now to add another blessing, grace resides in God’s glory. First, glory is God’s presence. But let’s look at the definitions again. There is more than one word in scripture for glory. We are going to use Doxa (G1391).
- Splendor and brightness
- Magnificence, excellence, preeminence, dignity
He is all these things. He is magnificence. He is excellence. He is majesty. He is grace! It’s part of Him. It’s in His presence. It’s in his glory!
Here’s the bad news. It is not going to be dumped on us because we are believers. We have to take a bit of responsibility and make some effort to live in his grace. How? Get in his presence.
Matthew 6:33 Seek first the kingdom of God. That’s the seat of his presence in your heart.
Psalm 91 The whole chapter is good. But, let’s just look at a few verses.
Verse 1. He who dwells in the secret play of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- Dwell-to have a permanent home
- Secret place-a covering, the lord’s bosom
In other words, to live directly under God.
Verse 3. For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
He will deliver you from someone who wants to capture and kill you. He will deliver you from COVID-19. If you choose to live in his presence.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
Remember the four faces of god? One of them is an eagle. I see Father God as an eagle when I read this verse. If we will do our part and get next to Him or even bury ourselves in his feathers, He will be faithful and protect us. He will do it not only with a shield but with a buckler. Apparently, it’s a shield that surrounds.
So… if we dwell in and under Him, we will be in abundant grace for 2023. We will live in grace, upon grace, upon grace, upon grace, upon grace.
I don’t know about you, but I am excited about this coming year. I don’t have the typical new year resolutions like loose 30 lbs or starting a fitness plan. My goal is to go so deep under His wing that I will smell like eagle feathers.
I invite you to come and join me.